Double Bond Pharmaceutical Products
Insert in Figure at Temodex (SI-053): EMA Orphan Drug Status
In the approach of developing medicinal products, DBP has developed a platform called BeloGal® for transport of active drug substances directly to the site of action in the body. The BeloGal® formulation of a drug provides a radical increase of the therapeutic effect of the treatment by selectively targeting the diseased organ(s) while simultaneously protecting the remaining healthy tissues of the body from toxic effects of the drugs. The BeloGal®-platform, which was invented by the company, facilitates targeted delivery of drugs to selected organs and tissues.
The advantages of BeloGal® platform are:
- Efficient treatment – the drug is delivered to the diseased organ
- Non-invasive treatment – BeloGal® -based products are designed for intravenous or subcutaneous administration. No catheters or visualization technique are necessary.
- Highly therapeutically efficient products – the total dose of an administered drug is significantly reduced
- Improved safety of the treatment – the BeloGal® approach implies protection of healthy organs from the toxic action of drugs
BeloGal-delivery based products
- SA-033 for treatment of liver cancer
- SA-083 for treatment of lung cancer
- SA-042 for treatment of pneumonia
Double Bond Pharmaceutical is currently expanding the BeloGal® platform to include the development of products for treatment of different types of cancer and bacterial infections.